Need help communicating your ideas? Get individual support from Lilien Voong, our SURF STEM Writing Specialist. Lilien earned her PhD in Molecular Biology from Northwestern University and currently serves as a STEM Writing Specialist at the Hixon Writing Center. She has expertise in helping scientists communicate their research across multiple genres and audiences.
Meetings will be held through synchronous Zoom meetings. To make an appointment:
- Log into access.caltech.edu.
- Select "Writing Center Scheduling" from the menu.
- Log into the Writing Center Schedule using your Caltech credentials (firstname.lastname@example.org email).
- interim SURF reports (progress reports)
- final SURF reports
- notebook management / note taking
- poster presentation
- scientific talks
- research proposals
- manuscripts intended for publication
- CURJ articles
- literature review articles
- STEM articles for general audience (e.g. blogs, perspectives, opinions)
- job application writing